Clay Township Park
Clay Township Park is located at 51988 Laurel Road in South Bend, IN. In total, Clay Park is comprised of 60 acres of riverside parkland. 15 acres are owned by the Township, and 45 acres are leased from St Joseph County.
The Park is open from dawn to dusk, April 1st thru November 1st each year. In the winter only the small parking lot along Laurel road remains open, to allow patrons to pursue winter activities such as walking, cross-country skiing, and general family fun in the snow during daylight hours.
Spring, summer, and fall hours vary as follows:
- April 1 – 11 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- April 11 – May 29 9:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- May 30 – July 31 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Aug 1 – Sept 18 9:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Sept 19 – Nov 1 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Park Shelter Rental Information
Clay Park offers four shelters for events available for rent from April 15 to October 15. Each shelter has charcoal grills, electric service, and access to indoor restroom facilities. All shelter rentals require a $100 security deposit, refundable upon completion of the shelter contract.
Pricing for rentals are as follows:
- Oak Shelter $100 per day
- Walnut Shelter $75 per day
- Meadow Shelter $100 per day
- Orchard Shelter $75 per day
Other park features include:
- A large recently updated playground with play equipment suitable for all ages.
- 9 hole disc golf course
- Large open green spaces for dog walking and activities
- Nature trails and a river trail that runs from Clay Park to Darden road bike path
- A veterans memorial
- Drinking fountain located at the Oak shelter
For additional info, please contact Park Manager Derrik DeCraene:
Phone: 574-247-7355 | Email: email@example.com